Monday, January 25, 2010

Face facts


I just had to buy a new pair of football boots. My old boots were like me - used to be in good condition, would run around a field slower and slower every passing year and were stretched and torn to only loosely resemble their original and optimum shape. My previous boots lasted about 7 years of rugby, training and touch football and so my new ones are bound to last as long with their 1 hour of touch football a week. Could this be my last ever pair of football boots after having my first (soccer) boots at age 4?
Only last week I dreamt that I made the Wallabies squad (see? no unrealistic ambitions of making the starting team for me!! Keeping it achievable).
Size 38 pants, a busted neck, 33 years old in a month, unable to walk two blocks without sweating and a complete lack of talent - could it be too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment