Friday, August 6, 2010

Singfest 2010




















On Thursday night Amanda and I went to Singfest. When reading "Singfest" please hold your arm straight up, clench your fist, then extend your pointer and little fingers, all whilst nodding your head.

The line up was some nobody I have never heard off, then Ian Brown from the Stone Roses, The Vines, 30 Seconds to Mars and The Smashing Pumpkins. I am not a massive Stone Roses fan so not really up to speed with Ian Brown. The music was OK although doesn't seem to be great for a live gig. The Vines were awesome. I had not seem them live but Youtube led me to believe they were going to be messy and all over the shop. They were fantastic though perhaps there was not as much "performing" as I expected. Smashing guitars in Singapore is as illegal as chewing gum.

30 Seconds to Mars was a tragic loss of 45 minutes of my life, listening to some tosser lead a band through average music that nobody will remember in 2 years. So by the time The Smashing Pumpkins came on at about 12:45am, Grandpa were pretty tired. I would like to say tired from the hard-core mosh pit, but it was more the "gee that's loud and my legs are saw from standing up for 2 hours" kind of tired. You know - sad old git tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment