Sunday, September 15, 2013

Choking on my words

I often bitch and moan about how quickly Tiong Bahru is changing. That the balance between the old-world style that attracted all of "us" and the new-world gentrification is tipping to heavily.

With Amanda away this weekend and feeling particularly bored, I went out for my morning coffee at Forty Hands to ponder what to do today.


After that I wandered over to the Tan Boon Liat building to poke around while munching on a croissant from Providore.
 
 
Then for a snack, I had a cheeky char siu bao  from Tiong Bahru Pau & snack.
 
 
Before picking up a steak for dinner at Foodie Marketplace.
 

Then a cupcake for dessert from Vanilla Bakery.
 
 
And found some unusual and interesting books at Books Actually.
 

  And looked at the kooky things in Strangelet.


 And now I am off to my massage at Nimble/Knead. OK, so Tiong Bahru is not that bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment